McGrath Athletic Liability Training: Overview
"Protect Students, Yourself and Your District "
Designed to provide athletic directors, principals, and coaches with the legal requirements and guidelines regarding their duties and responsibilities for student and staff safety both on and off campus. A range of topics creates awareness of issues and circumstances which could put the employee and/or the district at risk for legal liability.
Participants will learn:
- To identify the greatest risks and liabilities in sports and how to avoid them
- Employer and individual liability in school athletics
- Responsibility as a District Employee and “Duty to Protect” requirements
- Legal guidelines and precautions related to health issues such as serious injuries, heat related illness, eating disorders, steroid use, and more.
- Awareness and prevention of sexual harassment, peer to peer harassment, hazing, and other unsafe student or coaching acts.
- To avoid "deliberate indifference" charges
- How to use daily duty-of-care checklists and report forms
- To properly inform and warn parents and athletes of risks
- Successful communication strategies in athletics
McGrath Training Systems will provide each participant attending the workshop with a McGrath Athletic Liability Training Manual.
The McGrath Athletic Liability Training is generally conducted as a full day seminar.
• For: Principals, athletic directors and coaches of all sports programs.