Bullying: Investigation - Site and District Level
Quality investigation of complaints and the investigative process present challenges in our workplaces and schools today. Unfortunately, many employers and school officials do not take effective action regarding these issues until they are faced with a lawsuit. The jury verdicts in this area are frequently in the millions of dollars and often imposed against educators based on personal liability for failure to properly handle these matters.
The McGrath Comprehensive Bullying and Illegal Harassment Investigation Training is interactive, engaging, features role playing, and break-out group discussion. This approach ensures understanding the requirements and the skills to implement a legally sound investigation process. Participants are provided with a Bullying and Illegal Harassment Investigation Workbook, complete with up-to-date federal laws, EEOC guidelines, case study transcripts, complaint intake forms, interview checklists, investigation guidelines, and a template for preparing a final investigation report.
No other program offers the comprehensive level of instruction in the investigation process as McGrath Bullying and Illegal Harassment courses.
Participants will learn the following and much more:
- Legally sound tools and procedures to detect and avoid individual and organization liability
- How to track and respond to rumors and patterns of victimization
- How to conduct an environmental scan of the shcool population to identify multiple victims and witnesses
- How to conduct effective interviews
- A complete system of legally fit procedures for investigation and documentation
- Sensitivity to and appropriate interaction with the alleged victims, perpetrators, witnesses, community members and media during an investigation
For: Site administrators, complaint managers, human relations directors, school counselors,
and risk managers.
* Prerequisites may apply.
Advanced Bullying and Illegal Harassment Investigation Training
This two-day training intensive is designed for participants with some experience in investigating claims of Bullying and Illegal harassment. It provides participants with an actual fact scenario and develops various investigation strategies from the initial identification of issues through the investigation process, final report preparation and dissemination of findings.
Participants discuss their own experiences and learn what approaches and solutions would have worked best. We recommend that at least one male and one female from each work or school site, attend this training.
Specifically, participants in the McGrath Advanced Sexual Harassment Investigation Training will receive the following comprehensive training in unique methods required for legally sound investigations in sexual harassment cases:
- Analyze and map your investigative procedure
- Practice issue identification and analysis
- Learn and practice questioning techniques
- Perform practical fact acquisition
- Prepare a final investigative report
Each participant will receive a copy of the McGrath Advanced Harassment Investigation Workbook
To attend this workshop you must have prior training in harassment investigation.